London Rubbish Tip Guide
Here at AndrewsWaste, our team have over the years acquired in-depth knowledge and understanding of the various rubbish tips and recycling centres all over London. In so doing, we have equally developed and forged a close working relationship with these organizations and their personnel.
In all honesty, the local councils have really done simplifying the process of rubbish removal for everyone. Still, the fact remains that removing your refuse and dropping it off at the appropriate location fast and correctly isn’t yet a reality.
It doesn’t really matter where you reside, be it in the Kensington area, the Wandsworth, or Central London, the chances are that our team may have cleaned up and properly disposed of the rubbish in your neighbourhood before.
So we decided to share some of our knowledge with you to help reduce the burden of removing rubbish from your local area.
Where are these Recycling Centre/ Tip/ Dump located in your locality?
London boasts of numerous proper waste disposal centres (Rubbish tip), but we don’t want to bore you to death by listing all of them. However, we suggest that you turn to the local council’s website first and foremost to find the particular one for your area. Along with this, also find out the exact rubbish dump locations of your surrounding areas because they might actually be closer to you.
In addition to the above, check out the websites of any waste authorities that provide services for your area in particular. Here are the most useful ones we have found so far:
- For those who reside in the West London area, you may be familiar with the WLWA (West London Waste Authority). They provide you with information on ways you can recycle and also list recycling centres in the region.
- If you’re anywhere around East London, you should visit the website of the ELWA (East London Waste Authority). I can guarantee you that it’ll be worth your while. It has a comprehensive list of all the recycling centres all the way from Havering down to Newham.
- For those in the North London area, The NWLA (North London Waste Authority) website has all the information on rubbish clearance that you’ll need.
- Next is The SWLP (South London Waste Partnership). It comprises 4 local councils (Sutton, Croydon, Merton and Kingston) who are combining efforts to ensure that waste management and rubbish removal improves in South London.
- The residents of Lambeth and Wandsworth, Kensington & Chelsea or Hammersmith & Fulham, can rely on the Western Riverside Waste Authority (WRWA) website for direction. It is properly structured, and the information you need is straightforward to access.
You really do end up expending a lot of time, effort and energy if you decide to pack your rubbish yourself and transport it in your own vehicle or hire a van to the local rubbish tip. Therefore you must have a full understanding of what it entails before setting out:
Confirm the kind of rubbish that your local recycling site handles and receives – You don’t want to get all the way to the dumpsite and discover that your kind of rubbish isn’t handled there, right? So, we advise you to check online in advance to confirm what the tips received. A good place to check would be the websites mentioned above; they really do a good job listing this.
Find out if there are any costs for using the local rubbish tip site – There are some centres charge like an entry fee or charge you for dumping some items. You should check out all the options available to you before you set out. Carrying out quick research ahead could keep you from incurring some needless costs.
Don’t forget to go with your identity card – You have to show proof that you reside in the vicinity, and that’s why most centres request some form of ID. So, ensure you don’t forget it! The types of identification accepted include either a current Council Tax bill and/or a driving license. If you’re unable to proceed with either of the two, then you will be asked to pay a fee before using the site.
Check the height restrictions of vehicles – Most rubbish tip centres usually have a height restriction on vehicles that can be permitted to access the dumpsites. It’s usually around 2 metres, but you should confirm by checking online before going, especially if you have incurred some expenses by hiring a van.
Confirm the quantity of rubbish you can drop off – All the dumpsites don’t necessarily operate under the same set of rules. Different rubbish centres have different weight restrictions on vehicles — some charge based on your car size or weight.
Check if a permit is needed – Not all items are easily disposable. Some require you to have a permit before they can accept your rubbish. For instance, dumps like electrical and electronic products require you to have a Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) permit if you’re disposing of a large number. Luckily, this permit can be obtained with any goods from a dependable distributor. All you need to do is to dig out the permit before proceeding to the centre.
Preparing well ahead is really very important when it comes to London rubbish removal. We sincerely hope you find these few tips useful for your next tip site visit. But, if it becomes too much for you to handle, then AndrewWaste is here to the rescue.
We can relieve you of all the stress by handling this task, including rubbish collection and disposal from residential homes, commercial businesses and office property.
If you’d rather not be weighed down with this rubbish disposal headache, why not bring AndrewsWaste London on board to help you deal with it.
Waste Management and Removal of London’s Rubbish – Items We Accept:
- London Builder’s rubble
- Wooden items collected
- Removal of white goods
- Broken IT equipment
- All metals removed
- Chipboard & MDF clearance
- Domestic appliances
- Shop fittings, flooring, units
- Bagged & lose rubbish removal
- Garden waste removal London
- Most household items
- Bricks & plasterboard
- All plastic rubbish & waste
- Washing machines & cookers
- Sofas and furniture
- Garage & loft items
- Paper & cardboard waste collection
- London DIY debris removal
- Kitchen & bathroom suites
- Soil & clay collection
- Fridges and freezers
You can reach us today on 0800 779 7688. We’ll be glad to hear from you.